What Can be Shown, Cannot be Said

Monday, October 15, 2007

You Can't Use A Sponge!

This weekend was really busy for me. It seemed really long and really short all at once. I don't know how it is that time can seem like that, however, a lot of times it does crawl/fly all at once.

Friday night I spent at least an hour trying to rent the movie Evan Almighty. They didn't have it available anywhere in Gwinnett county. It was all checked out. haha. So, I opted for watching "The Astronaut Farmer" and eating cookies. NEVER watch that movie...by the way. It is one of the dumbest movies I have ever seen. It is on up there with Benji or Win Dixie....haha.

On Saturday I did something that I do not do often, and I am unwilling to do for many things. It takes something special to get me up on Saturday afternoons. Especially if it isn't against my will. But, this saturday I woke up at 6:45 and went to a seminar in Stone Mountain at the Wycliffe branch. It was called "explore Wycliffe". It was pretty much a seminar from 8:30-3:00 all about Wycliffe and how it works and what all it involves. Plus, you got to ask questions. There were only 20 people present, plus three Wycliffe workers that were there to tell you about their experience. It was set in a room that they'd made into a smaller museum on Wycliffe. It was pretty interesting because they had a shelf containing all the bibles they had printed thus far and what language they were in. They have completed 700 translation projects so far. There are over 1,000 in progress and over 2,000 more to go! But, they still have their vision of 2025. They want to have a translation STARTED in every language by that year. I really was impressed by their organization besides the fact that they have to raise their own support. It is kind of a turn off for me when I hear that. For many reasons. Part of it being I feel like we should work for our money. I don't want to be foolish when God has given me two hands and not support myself. I don't want to have to rely on other people to support me in life. If I start a missions project I want to finish it. No questions asked. Anyways...I really enjoyed being there (even on a Saturday) and hearing all about it. It was a really cool place. There were some really nice people there to talk to about it.

Saturday night the choir had a concert that I thought would NEVER end. It was the 100th anniversary of our school. And since it was homecoming weekend they had a big celebration. haha. Unfortunately the college choir was part of that. But, Carlye spent the night with me and I got to go on a walk and talk with her for the first time in a while!

Sunday I went to the PAC again and the cutest little Asian man said I looked just like Jessica Alba. I just laughed and said,"YEAH RIGHT!" haha. And he goes,"Really, really!" haha. Man, at least you guys can see clearly...I am nothing like her. She is tall. I am short. She is SUPER stick skinny. I am do not look like I am about to blow away in the wind. She is brunette. I am more blondish. haha. She is tan. I am WHITE! But, bless that little man's heart. He made my day. It has been interesting going to that church. Daron preached and he did a really good job.

Today I had a mid term in my World Literature class. I think I did alright on it. Tomorrow I have my Sociolinguistics exam. I have a lot of studying to do tonight! It is hard material to learn but it is really fun! so, I know I won't mind studying for it too much. It's active learning. I get to make sounds and figure things out instead of just sit there and read over things for hours on end!

Choir tour starts on Thursday.

I don't have classes after Wednesday. I actually get to sleep in as long as I want on Thursday. I am so exhausted. I think I will definitely need that before fall break happend. I won't be getting much sleep on choir tour.

Anyways...this is a song by Nichole Nordeman (of course) that God has been speaking to me through lately. Maybe it will mean something to as well. It goes right along with some things I am struggling with in regards to my faith.

I believe in the rest of the story
I believe there's still ink in the pen
I have wasted my very last day
Trying to change what happened way back when

I believe it's the human condition
We all need to have answers to why
More than ever, I'm ready to say that I
Will still sleep peacefully
With answers out of reach from me until?

Someday all that's crazy
All that's unexplained
Will fall into place
And someday all that's hazy
Through a clouded glass
Will be clear at last
And sometimes we're just waiting
For someday

We are born with a lingering hunger
We are born to be unsatisfied
We are strangers who can't help but wander
And dream about the other side of?

Every puzzle's missing piece
Every unsolved mystery
More than half of every whole
Rests in the Hands that hold you for someday?.



I will end with a great quote by AW Tozer: "Trying to absorb the depths of the Bible is like trying to mop up the ocean floor with a sponge"

I hope everyone is having a great week!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

i didn't know astronauts could farm....

;0)