What Can be Shown, Cannot be Said

Monday, October 29, 2007

Christmas Is Coming, The Goose Is Getting Fat


This weekend was a good break! My Ethnography pushed me over the edge on Friday. I broke my record. Until Thursday night the latest I had stayed up while at college was 2:30. I broke that record on THursday by staying up till 3:30. I have never pulled an all nighter. I guess I love my sleep too much. I guess I am not a real college student. haha. I guess no one really feels sorry for me. However, I got my box back today and made a 99 on it though, so I guess it was worth all that work!


I hadn't been home in a while, so it was good to be there. Even though I had to leave early on Sunday morning to come back.
I had a good time. Our new house is in the process of being worked on. I LOVE IT! It is such a beautiful house. I think my mom really likes it too. IT is painted all pretty. And, there is a big ceiling in the living room. Which means we can get a huge christmas tree again this year!!! EXCITING!!! On Saturday my daddy spent most of the day working on the yard. While the rest of us looked at the house, ran some errands and went shopping for furniture and such. We went to Smokey Bones for Andrew's birthday dinner. And, I got to help my mom make his birthday Strawberry shortcake. YUM. It was good. And I was glad to cook. I miss cooking!!!

I miss my family and my friends back home. I will finally be back to church this next sunday though. It's been a while. So, it will be nice.

Anyways...there isn't much to say really. Tomorrow night I am going to the Murder Mystery dinner the school Philosophy Club puts on. I have to dress up as a Pirate and my character is the "Inn Patron". I hope I don't have to act anything out or it could get ugly. haha.

Thursday is a social for my trailer. We are going to eat at the Thai restaurant and we are going to watch My Big Fat Greek Wedding and paint our toe nails. lol.

Well, I have to get back to the day. I have so much to do on Mondays. STarting today we have choir rehearsal every Monday night from 7-8:30. So, that is just another thing to add to my busy life. Getting ready for Christmas is always a big deal.

I really started thinking about Christmas today. I am READY for it! It was so cold outside this morning. I felt like I could almost smell the smell of a christmas tree. IT made me want one. I wish I could just take the whole month of December off to be at my house when it is all decorated for Christmastime!!! I LOVE IT!

I am having a really hard time figuring out my schedule for next semester. Right now I only have 12 hours in with no hope of taking anymore cause nothing will work out with my schedule. I have never had this much trouble figuring it out before.

Also, my mom called me today and said my Great Uncle was on Good Morning America. I only share it because it is funny/sad all at once. I mean, honestly....I am thankful for my immediate family and that God blessed me SO incredibly much with them. Yes, we have some weird people in our family tree. But mostly...I just think it's nasty that this would even take place. ESpecially within my own family tree. I wish I could say everyone in my family was saved. But, I guess it just isn't true. Here is the link to the article:

http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=3789033


HEre are some pictures from Andrew's birthday and the weekend:























Andrew has always wanted a king Arthur's sword. So, for his birthday, that is what he got.

1 comment:

Portuguese Man O' War said...

Your new pirate sword could destroy King Arthur's sword.