What Can be Shown, Cannot be Said

Friday, October 5, 2007

Hephzibah


This week has been really busy for me. But, I have somehow managed to get all I needed to accomplished in spite of the business.


I have heard countless times lately that my blogs have tons of spelling errors in them. THat they are hard to read. haha. I have to admit...I don't read back over them. I type it all out and that is it!!! lol. So, I apologize. Perhaps I will double check them someday for the sake of everyone!


Me and Ashley got to hang out this week. But not for long. We went to Ingles and McDonalds. haha. She is pretty obsessed with their iced coffee. But, it was fun. I knocked over the credit card machine and embarassed myself pretty badly. lol. IT was still pretty funny though! We went to Ingles to get cards for people and we found some pretty hilarious ones!!! Oh, it is pretty bad when they can turn the Muppets into something scandulous. I guess that is our world though.


Last night I met with Lanie. Our bible study is picked out and I hope it is something that will be good for us. She picked it out. So, I at least hope it will be good for her!!!


Last night our house had two meetings in one night. At the end we made SMORES!!! YUM! I haven't had those in a LONG time! WE made them in the oven though since it was rainy and nasty outside and since we would most likely burn our trailer down if we attempted to make a fire anywhere near it! They were good. And I don't think I have been that crazy at eleven thirty at night in a long time! I finally stayed up late enough to see Amber when she came in!
This weekend doesn't hold much for me besides more work. I want to get a few papers out of the way because whenever I have homework and tests in a week I just can't handle papers too! I am guessing I will probably spend most of the weekend bored.


I think I am redefining a lot of things in my life. What things mean, what things should effect me, and definitely how to be fulfilled in life.


I don't want to be disappionted anymore with people. Mainly because people are retards because we never seem to pay attention to God in our lives. Sorry...kind of a soap box I guess. But, I really liked this quote from my bible study this morning:
"Contemporary sex madness has even found its way into the church. The influence of the lustful world has been so pervasive and the church so weak and undiscerning that many Christians have become convinced that all sorts of sexual excesses and impurities are covered by grace or can be rendered morally safe if engaged in with the right attitude-especially if some Scripture verse can be twisted to give seeming support."


I guess I like it cause I think it is just so ture. Sadly enough. So many people think have "the right mind about something" trumps what you are doing. And it just isn't true. I guess we have forgotten the part about God being holy and disgusted by sin. It isn't allowed in his presence. We shouldn't want to be a part of it.


Anyways...here are a few pictures from last night. And, I included one from my dad's birthday! :)


















I have to include this picture because it is such a typical face for my daddy to make. It makes me smile.













Awaiting the smores.



















For some reason Sam's like peanut butter on her smores.











That's what they look like. The Mallows look like Mushrooms. lol












Kim kept making fun of me for getting the smores all over myself. So, I am getting her back.

1 comment:

Portuguese Man O' War said...

What an interesting way to cook smores.