What Can be Shown, Cannot be Said

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

PSYCHO KILLER MONKEYS ARE ON THE LOOSE...

Today is a beautiful day! I am glad because yesterday was rainy. And, I really can only handle the rain for so long. RAin makes me want to stay inside, put on my pjs and read, watch a movie or just go to sleep. Luckily I only have one class on Tuesdays and THursdays.

The sunshine keeps me going during the day. I am SO TIRED this week. I haven't figured out why that is. But, I am just physically exhausted in so many ways. I hope it goes away.

I am trying to get things done this week so I won't have to do them next week. Next week is when midterms roll around. So, keep that in your prayers :)

Last night I spent two hours with PJ Cha. She is my informant for my Sociolinguistics class. She also happens to live with me. I have a four page paper due on the Hmong culture. By the end of the semester I have to learn some of her language. I really LOVED hearing about her culture and just the ways it is different from AMerican culture. I find other cultures fascinating. I feel like this is the kind fo thing I was made for. I love other cultures. I love people that aren't anything like me. I love the thought of one day getting to live around a lot of people different from me and getting to figure them out and talking to them about Jesus. I know it isn't going to be all fun and games. I know it will be hard. But, it is what I find the most joy in. I could have talked to PJ about her culture for longer than two hours! I find it interesting that other people can do things so different and yet still have valid reasons for why they do things. In America we tend to think our way is the best way to do everything. Which is just really silly. PJ did tell me about this one ritual that the Hmong's do that I found really randoma nd hilarious. When a bride gets married before she enters her new home to family gets a chicken (that is alive) and flings it in her face. haha. THis is to welcome her into her new home. WHAT A WELCOME!!! PJ said,"I don't think I want them to do that at my wedding...I am scared of chickens!" haha.

Since Pj has been in America her whole life she is removed from her culture a lot but she still holds to a lot of their traditions.

Anyways...don't want to bore all of you.

Meredith told me about two things yesterday that I found particular interest in for some reason. So, just so you know I am stealing these stories from her. If it weren't for her I wouldn't know about them. However, because of her I will share them. I think they are pretty fascinating. ANd, I just love to hear about things going on around the world instead of just the things going on in the United STates. I don't want to only be concerned with my own people and country.

This first link is to a story that is taking place in Kenya right now. It is really scary/weird at the same time. There are apparently monkeys that are sexually harassing the women over there. I am being serious about it too. Take a look:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6959209.stm

Check out the other article too. IT is about Chinese adoption (something close to my heart):
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=486083&in_page_id=1811


The world is kind of crappy. So, at any time I would be glad to have Jesus come back and take me to be with him.


Dreams are nothing more than wishes
And a wish's just a dream you wish to come true
If only I could have a puppy
I'd call myself so very lucky
Just to have some company
To share a cup of tea with me
I'd take my puppy everywhere
La la la la I wouldn't care
Then we'll stay away from crowds
With signs that say no dogs allowed
Oh we... I know he'd never bite me
We... I know he'd never bite me

If only I could have a friend
Who sticks with me until the end
And walk along beside the sea
To share a bit of moon with me
I'd take my friend most everywhere
La la la la I wouldn't care
And we'll stay away from crowds
With signs that say no friends allowed
Oh we...we'd be so happy to be...
We...we'd be so happy to be together

But dreams are nothing more than wishes
And a wish's just a dream you wish to come true
Dreams are nothing more than wishes(Your wish will come true)
And a wish's just a dream (Your wish will come true)
You wish to come true (Your wish will come true)

Just a fun song! ANd, I like it! haha.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

haha, I like your title.

here's the article about Chinese babies I found...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=486083&in_page_id=1811

Portuguese Man O' War said...

What an article. If they won't let them kill the monkeys, they should at least catch them and break their arms or something! Teach 'em a thing or two!