What Can be Shown, Cannot be Said

Friday, September 14, 2007

Now My Sorrow Seems too Far Away Until I'm Taken By These Bolts Of Pain

So, this week has been really busy. And, really tiring. I am pretty much doing work all the time. THis week has been kind of difficult in a lot of ways. However, God keeps providing when I need it most. I am thankful for that!

It has been the week of randomness. haha.

There have been a few couple funny quotes that I have heard people say in my presence lately.

The other day in my God and Redemptoin class Dr. Shelton was asking for people to give examples of comparisons they have heard people give for the Trinity. It made me laugh because everyone was giving the usual analogies : You can compare the trinity to water, an egg, etc... And randomly this one guy raises his hand and says,"You can compare the trinity to a siamese triplet". The thought of that in my mind made me laugh. I have honestly never heard that one before. It was a little bit strange. I don't think I want to think of the trinity as a siamese triplet.

Today one of my professors randomly states,"There is a difference in the words 'naked' and 'nude'. If you are nude you are without clothing. But if you are naked you are up to something. We wont' go into detail on what you might be up to". It had nothing to do with the class by the way. WEIRD.

I really wish I could type out Meredith's quote on here from last night too. However, I am afraid some people would get upset for my putting it on my blog. So, I will refrain. But, I witnessed one of the most AWKWARD/FUNNIEST moments Meredith Beck has ever had last night. It was really entertaining.

Yesterday was really busy for me. I went over to Jessie's house and woke her up so she could teach me how to do my Ehtnography. There is STILL confusion in that class. It is so annoying. But, she cleared it up. It is pretty simple now that someone has actually explained it. I think my professor expects us to figure out how to do it on our own and if we don't we will get points taken off of our grade. What a horrible way to go about it. Anyways...I have it now so I am not nearly as stressed as I was. I got some homework in yesterday. But, I also got to hang out with Ashley last night. She makes me smile. We went to the Java Station and talked for a while.

Tomorrow we are going to a fair Habersham county is throwing. Just because it will be a horrible fair and will make us laugh. There is nothing else to do on saturdays. However, I do need to go to the library and force myself to do ethnography.

My devotion was pretty refreshing for me this morning. I guess I just needed to hear what it had to say. And I guess I am in need of SOMETHING right now. I am not sure what in some ways, and then in others I know EXACTLY what.

I am through forcing something into a square box that was meant to go into a rectangle container. That sounds funny. But, I know what I mean. lol.

I stole this song from Meredith's collection of music. But, I really like it. And, it kind of sums things up for me.

AZURE RAY
November Lyrics

So i'm waiting for this test to end
So these lighter days can soon begin
I'll be alone but maybe more carefree
Like a kite that floats so effortlessly
I was afraid to be alone
Now im scared thats how id like to be
All the faces none the same
How can there be so many personalities
So many lifeless empty hands
So many hearts in great demand
And now my sorrow seems to far away
Until i'm taken by these bolts of pain
But i turn them off and tuck them away till these rainy days that make them stay
And then i'll cry so hard to these sad songs
And the words still ring, once here now gone
And they echo through my head everyday
And i dont think they'll ever go away
Just like thinking of your childhood home
But we cant go back were on our own
Oh,
But i'm about to give this one more shot
And find it in myself
Ill find it in myself
So were speeding towards that time of year
To the day that marks your not here
And i think i'll want to be alone
So please understand that i dont answer the phone
I'll just sit and stare at my deep blue walls
Untill i can see nothing at all
Only particles some fast some slow
All i can see is all i know
Ohh..
But i'm about to give this one more shot
And find it in myself
I'll find it in myself

THANK GOODNESS IT IS FRIDAY!!!

2 comments:

Portuguese Man O' War said...

oh the Trinity analogies! I'm glad ethnography is getting less stressful. Hang in there! What people need to read is the quotes you come up with sometimes. Now that would be a good read! haha.

Meredith said...

I'm glad you like that Azure Ray song.

I'm even more glad that you didn't quote me in my terribly embarrassing moment.