What Can be Shown, Cannot be Said

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

I Hate Confusin Syllabi

So, it is the middle of the week. The day that is the second longest day of the week (the first of course being mondays).

I have to say: There will be no more five classes in one day in my future EVER again unless it means I will graduate on time. I HATE five classes in one day. It is way too much for me. It makes me feel like I go go go (which is what I do) so when I finally get to Tuesdays and THursdays I have to force myself to focus and do homework when I really just feel like doing nothing.

I found out I will have five classes on Wednesdays too. I have voice lessons from 4:00-5:00 on Wednesday afternoons. I have Mrs.Little as a teacher. I am nervous about it. I am nervous about taking lessons and doing recitals. I haven't been criticued in a LONG time. I haven't actually sung in public in a LONG time. Should be good though.

My Ethnography class is going to be the death of me if my love for mayonaisse doesn't kill me first. The syllabus is completely confusing. I stink at doing anything in a library. And, group projects make me want to hurl. haha. But, it really is a good class to take. Despite the library and the confusion. If I can get down what I need to do I think I will be better off for it. It is good to know how to file and research and have techinques for learning about people groups. I love the concept. I just hate how I have to get there!! I think I settled on the Shona of Zimbabwe (that's in Africa) for my people group. I can only hope I will get placed somewhere near there next summer.

Which, by the way...I find out in a week or so if I am accepted to the IMB for next summer and where they are placing me to work. I am excited about it. The idea of it makes me smile. It makes me nervous a little bit too. But, by then I think I will be ready. Toccoa is preparing me a lot.

Last night my cottage (I refuse to call it a trailer) had a "girls night in". I tried out my mom's pizza dip recipe. The girls ate ALL OF IT! And they loved it. That was good for me because I get nervouse cooking for people. haha. I think I have used the word "nervous" too many times in this entry. I need to stop being such a nervous person. lol. We watched the movie A Night's Tale and ate some snacks. It was fun hanging out with everyone. I did some painting. And I realized it is a good realease when you are stressed. I also realized how much I miss art from when I used to do it all the time growing up.

I helped Sam pick out some things at Wal-Mart. She got us a fish. He is a Shubunkin. haha. His name is Elroy. CUTE!

Tonight I am eating dinner with Lanie.

Tomorrow I am driving Jessie to the air port and we are stopping on the way for dinner.

I like friends! And, I also like good food!

2 comments:

Portuguese Man O' War said...

You've got a ton of stuff going on! I hope you don't die from either mayo or ethnography! You're going to do well this semester, with your classes and with the lessons. I know you will! And I hope you get really close to your people group next summer. That would be awesome! By the way, the time for your posts and whatnot is 3 hours behind it seems. We're not in California! We're in your favorite town in the world!

Meredith said...

Alias, you sure are one funny girl.

"I hate confusin syllabi"

man. I laughed really hard when I read that.