What Can be Shown, Cannot be Said

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

You Bring Life Into My Bones, A Spring Into My Step

It is officially my last day of being 20. Only, I am sure I will get tomorrow and feel the exact same as I do today!! Time at home is getting to a close. And, it is starting to sink in. I feel like I have been home for a while. And, It has been nice. I am not ready to go back and tackle another semester. But, I guess if it were up to me I never would be!

EVeryone at church officially thinks I have dropped out of college because most everyone has gone back and I am still sitting in the pew on sundays. haha. Oh well.

It is SNOWING today. I love snow. I feel like a little kid when it snows cause I go around with a smile on my face. It just makes me happy. It's weird because exactly five years ago I was about to turn 16 and my mom was throwing a dinner for me with ladies from the church that were going to give me advice for the years to come. And,I got my purity ring that day. I remember it snowing that day just like it is today. I was so disappointed though because it never snowed but it did on the very day I had something special. I was afraid no one would get out to come. But, me and my mom drove all the way to Logans by the mall and some people did show up. It was a good dinner. I don't remember why I thought of that. Except that driving tonight reminded me that it was exactly five years ago when that happened. ANd, I remember thinking that at least it was fitting: snow is white and pure and it is how God made us: He washed us and made us as white as snow. And, I remember thinking cheesy thoughts about how I was getting my purity ring and talking about purity and the ground was covered in pure white snow. Yeah, I'm cheesy!

IT is really pretty outside! It is so cold. I love when it is cold out and I can bundle up inside.

Tonight I was riding home from church and heard this Watermark Song. Man, it is so fitting for this time in my life. Here are the lyrics:

You bring life to my bones
And a spring to my step
And a heart that knows what it means
To wait before You
Laughter into my house
And a time to sing and shout
And a heart that knows what it means
To really trust You...
And when the shadow of sorrow comes
I will fall on the only One I know
Is the Rock that won't be shaken...

Chorus
'Cause it is good for me
To lay it down at Your feet
It is good for me to lay the good and bad
In Your hand, my God...
It is good for me
To lay it down at Your feet
It is good for me

You are the constant One
When my life is overwhelmed
And You stay the same when all around is changing
And, oh, how good it is, yeah
Just to know the life You give
And my song shall ever be
That my god is faithful...
And when the shadow of sorrow comes
I will fall on the only One I know
Is the Rock that won't be shaken...

And when I delight myself in You
You give me the desires of my heart,
When I confess that You know best
Peace flows like a river and joy comes in the morning...

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Happy Almost Birthday, Roomie! Your present will be later than tomorrow, unfortunately. :(

Yay for snow, too!

Portuguese Man O' War said...

Cheesy is good. Everyone needs a nice dose of that every now and then! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!