What Can be Shown, Cannot be Said

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

INVADE




So, New Year's Eve was interesting. I went to the peach drop in Atlanta. And, I have to say it was not an amazing time. You know when an idea seems so amazing in your head but when you live it out you wonder why you built it up so much? Well, that was the peach drop in a nut shell.There were way too man drunk people. WAy too many gangsters and way too much CRAP around me. And I was reminded why I don't like things like that. Plus, I was glad to report that I have absolutely NO desire whatsoever to join the party scene. I don't want to ever drink. I don't want to ever smoke. It's gross. It's not smart. And, people act like idiots when they do that kind of thing.

It was a once in a lifetime deal. Next year I will stick to watching things on my television. lol.

When I got back my family went out to eat at PF Changs. It was REALLY GOOD! YUM!

Today I got the chance to hang out with Sadie Claire. I took Molly with me!It was fun! I haven't seen her in so long. I miss her and Tina and Casey. They are such a cute little family! Sadie Claire is getting so big now. She can put these big sentences together that no two year old should know how to say. I spent about two hours over there and then got to eat lunch with Casey, Tina and Sadie at Logan's Roadhouse. It was a good time! I also got my haircut. I spent a lot of the afternoon ironing and jumping on the trampoline with Molly!

It was a good day! I am glad to see friends. I am not ready to go back to school yet. Good thing I still have some time. But, I know I will get to the end of the next couple weeks and wish I had even more! I miss my friends here. And I miss my family! It seems crazy that I only have a year and a half left of college. It seems like yesterday I went to college!

I was running last night. And I was listening to Watermark. I love them. Their lyrics I find are so refreshing. And they have so much meat to them. They aren't the fluffy christian band stuff. I really appreciate them. I have some of the most worshipful times listening and singing along to their music. I was listening to them while I ran last night. And lately I have been realizing I need to realize more of the power of God in my life. When I was saved Christ gave me His strength. He gave me everything I need to live out the Christian life. yet so often I fail Him. So often I am weak. So often I let Satan have a foothold in my life. I live in fear, doubt, and I let myself be defeated. But that isn't how God wants it. I am studying Ephesians 6 right now about standing up against the devil and his schemes. About not letting him win. About have the victory in Christ. It requires effort on my part. And, I want to do better at that. Because this past year I failed so miserably. I believe I can do that! God has given me more victory lately than before. And I believe it is because I am trying harder. He can't do it all.I mean, he could, because He is God. But, he won't. Because He calls us to do things as Christians. I have been fighting without some of my battle gear on. And no soldier who took fighting seriously would fight without all their gear. Anyways...this song really just touched my heart last night. Maybe the words will touch yours:

Wonderful Savior
My heart belongs to Thee
I will remember always the blood You shed for me
Wonderful Savior
My heart will know Your worth
So I will embrace You always as I walk this earth

Chorus:
Be blessed, be loved, be lifted high
Be treasured here
Be glorified
I owe my life to You my Lord
Here I am....

Beautiful Jesus
How may I bless Your heart?
Knees to the earth I bow down to everything You are
Beautiful Jesus
You are my only worth
So let me embrace You always as I walk this earth



I love this one too:

Lord you are my light and my salvation
Whom shall I fear if you are near
Lord you are my peace when there is war all around me
And even here inside me I will have no fear

Oh Lord you're my protection from my enemies
You set me high upon a rock and You defend my soul
And when their ways advance against me
I am confident that they cannot make me less, for you have made me whole
O Lord, you are my stronghold
You are my stronghold

Lord you are my strength so let my head be lifted up
That I may glory in the ways you've overcome
Lord you are my home because you've created in me,
a heart that lives the victory that you've already won

(x2)
Oh Lord you're my protection from my enemies
You set me high upon a rock and You defend my soul
And when their ways advance against me
I am confident that they cannot make me less, for you have made me whole
O Lord, you are my stronghold
You are my stronghold

1 comment:

Portuguese Man O' War said...

"Hey, you on this man's belly! Get up off his belly!"