What Can be Shown, Cannot be Said

Friday, January 18, 2008

The Transportation System of the Philippines.










I just realized some of my blog is missing. I apologize. I meant to say that I got an email address from my Aunt Grace. Her friend did the same thing I am going to do this summmer. She went with the IMB to the southern Philippines and worked with the NEhemiah Teams. So, she knows a lot about it. I am conversing with her on it. It is nice to have someone that can clue me in on what to expect. she sent me a lot of pictures and those are what I shared with you above.

Those middle two are of the transportation I will be using. HA! I was thinking to myself "riding on top of a bus is scary enough in a foreign country where they have no speed limit or laws, really" but, "I hope I don't ever have to ride on the side of a motorcycle like that last picture shows". It will be interesting if I do to say the least! But, I thought the other pictures were good. It has one of the houses in the area where I will be working and a picture of the ocean. Which is right there where I am at!

Anyways...I wanted to share because I found them interesting. It is good to have someone to talk to who has been there. She said I will most likely grow a tremendous amount spiritually. She said she did. They prepare devotions for me daily and she said they were so good! That is exciting.

I have a busy day ahead of me. And tomorrow my sister and Andrew are coming up to celebrate my birthday! I'm excited!

3 comments:

Portuguese Man O' War said...

Is some of this post missing?

Meredith said...

Those are cool pictures, Jess. Thanks for sharing! This summer will certainly be an adventure for you.

Portuguese Man O' War said...

I know it's going to be great for you! I hope you get your own little buddy to pour water on! haha. Make sure you ride on that bus and motorcycle too!