What Can be Shown, Cannot be Said

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Back In The Saddle Again.

I got back to school safely on Monday night. It took about two hours for me to unpack everything and get it put away. I bought my books. And I have officially gone to all of my classes at least once. I have to say though, it is really boring the first day because all we do is go over the Syllabus.

My schedule is like this:

Tuesday and Thursday: 8:30 Power Encounter
Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 9:00 Religious Belief Systems, 11:00 Intro. To Counseling, 1:00 Cross Cultural Communication.

I only have 13.5 hours. I was a little bummed about that seeing as how that is all that will work out for now. That means that I will have to cram more in next semester. But, I guess life happens like that sometimes. And, It kind of works out. Because one of my professors prefaced the syllabus with, "I have loaded you guys down with reading. However, I checked the guidelines and it is acceptable for a 300 level course." HAHA. In one class I have 600 pages and three books to read and I also have to write a 10 page paper. In another class I have a journal, ten page paper, reading reports for each section of the book I read and two books to read. The other two courses aren't as much work. But, I will still have to pull my weight. It seems to me like they will all take a lot of time to do all the reading.

I am really looking forward to Cross Cultural Communication though. I love Mrs.Griffin! She makes everything so fun. But, apart from that I think it will just be a really interesting subject.

Religious Belief Systems will probably be eye opening. But, I think it will be kind of a repeat of Cultural Antropology with more of a focus in religion.

Power Encounter is all about spiritual warfare and stuff. It is a topic I have really not discussed much. And, I am looking forward to hearing more and studying more about it. I think it is probably a bigger deal going overseas than we realize. It will be eye opening.

I am in for a good semester I think! Sam and Amber have a lighter work schedule. It is their last semester so I know it will be good to actually get to hang out with them! I think next weekend my whole house is going to take a trip to Ikea. They all want new bedspreads. haha. I am good with the one I have but I think it will be really fun to go down there with everyone! Sam, Ashley and I have started working out at the YMCA together on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Meredith is going to try it out too. So, we could have a whole group support system going on! Lol.

Tonight Me, Sam and MEredith are going over to Jessie Ladwig's apartment to see American Idol and the new reality tv series where they hook you up to a lie detector test. It is kind of goofing. But, I am sure we will have fun making fun of it and laughing together. I went over to Jessie's last night and got to watch American Idol! I was glad she called cause I was wanting to finish watching the tryouts for the show! They make me laugh!!! Ashley Spaulding came over last night too! That was nice! I am glad to see everyone again!! Even though I miss my family a lot! And I miss my newly decorated room back home!

I think everyday I wake up and my cold is getting worse. Today it is all in my chest it feels like. It hurts to breathe. But, I am sure it will go away soon!

Oh...I forgot to mention like three of my classes are with my housemates! That is good for me! I love hanging out with the girls in my house! They are so amazing!!!

Well, I guess that is all for now. I don't really have much else to say!

1 comment:

Portuguese Man O' War said...

"It is kind of goofing"....I couldn't agree more! I'm glad some of those classes are intriguing! Good luck with all that reading. I hope you feel better!