What Can be Shown, Cannot be Said

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Bowling Is a Serious Sport, they didn't call me Gutter Girl for nothing!

This week has gone by fairly quickly! I am thankful for that! I am ready for the weekend to be here! I am still trying to get settled into my classes and figure out when I will do all of my assignments. There is, of course, a CRAZY amount of reading. If there wasn't, I wouldn't feel like I was going to Toccoa Falls College anymore. Even with 12 hours I have TONS and TONS to read. It's really kind of ridiculous. I think he professor get a little confused sometimes and assume you don't want to have time to do devotions, sleep, exercise, eat, etc...I always have to get settled and find ways to balance it all. I look back at when my schedule was filled with more and wonder how I even got it all done? Who knows...maybe I didn't have as much reading once upon a time.

This week has been good in a lot of ways. Tuesday night the girls in my house were all sitting around the table eating dinner. We were discussing things we had never done in Toccoa that MUST be done before we graduate and Hannah told us she had never been to Rose Lanes, Toccoa's bowling alley. Now, you have to understand something about this place. It is in an old building in the middle of nowhere on a back road in Toccoa. When you go into the place it is super small. There are usually older folks in there. And, they are TOCCOA old folks. Not to be harsh, but they are all the normal redneck stereotype. If you choose to get bumpers at Rose Lanes they consist of black plastic pvc pipe/gutter type objects that they simply roll into thte gutter. It's a little ridiculous.

According to Heather Price (my new room mate), Tuesdays just-so-happened to be $1.00 night! So, we decided to take a spur of the moment trip over to the bowling alley (even though I really should've been doing homework, I forfeited it for the time-being). When we got there we decided to put our names into the computer as different vegetables. I happened to be Squash, if you were wondering. The lady at the front desk told us it was "league night". We had no idea this would end up getting us in trouble. We started bowling normal but got a little bored. So, we decided to see how many different ways you could bowl. Heather Price says she has made it to about 30 different ways. lol. ANYWAYS...Heather is the first one up. She all of the sudden got down on the ground and angled herself with the ball and proceeds to HEAD BUTT the thing down the lane. It was rolling slower than I've ever seen a ball roll. We were all laughing. She was laughing so hard she was on the floor. The next thing we knew the lady came over and was glaring down at Heather telling her it was "League night and she couldn't have people laying on the floor. We needed to take bowling 'seriously'". haha. I have to say, this probably seemed really immature to everyone else there. But, sometimes it is fun to be stupid (as long as no one is getting hurt or you aren't doing something illegal or unbibilical...thought I would clarify).

Anyways, the rest of our time there we had to be "serious" about our bowling. It kind of ruined our fun! Lol. I guess the leaugers don't like people messing around.

Last night we went to see LOST. One of the professors here at school allows students to come watch the show on his big screen TV. It's nice. And, he is the Philosophy professor, so during commercials he pauses it and we discuss our "theories" on what is going to happen next and what everything means. haha. It's kind of nerdy. But, I do like the show. It's fun to get off campus for a little bit.

I have been doing homework in between all of this. No worries. lol.

I got accepted to Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Fort Worth, TX. I spoke with Southeastern. THe person on the phone had ZERO personality and I was thinking to myself, "I hope they aren't all this dead over there". It makes me laugh that they put someone like that in the ADMISSIONS office. COME ON, PEOPLE! Lol. Anyways, they said they are still putting all the files together and they will have to let me know when they get the files put together what their decision is. Then, I have to make a decision about where to go. Decisions don't come easy to me...so that should be fun!

Tomorrow night Jonathan's band is having a concert at a church in Lawerenceville. It is apparently with a couple different bands and it is called "Battle of the Bands". So, it is a competition apparently to see which band is the best. I talked my room mate into going with me.

God has been teaching me a lot lately. Especially today. And, I am overwhelmed and thankful today that HE has been on Earth as a human. I don't think I really think about that much. But, I am so grateful he understands what I go through in a real way. It's easy not to think about Jesus in the human sense. But, if he were never human, I guess I wouldn't feel like He could relate to me as much! I am really bad at getting out my thoughts on this for some reason. Maybe if I COULD share more details it'd make more sense!

1 comment:

Portuguese Man O' War said...

The funny thing is that the "Leaguers" can actually take bowling seriously at Rose Lanes. The only good thing about that place is the price! By the way, there are 11 bands at the show, not just a couple!