What Can be Shown, Cannot be Said

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Beginning of the End.

Today was my first day of the semester. Since Meredith is gone to Russia this semester, me and Heather Price moved in to the big room. I definitely miss Meredith and Ashley around our house, but I don't miss our little cramped room that I just moved out of. I will have to take pictures and put them on here sometime. My new room is really big and I don't feel claustrophobic. I said "Goodbye" to bunk beds FOREVER!!! We also have a walk-in closet and our very own bathroom! It's so nice. Hannah took the liberty of decorating our house while we were gone with tons of posters and stuff. She has collected interesting posters from the past couple of years! That are really funny!

It took me all day yesterday to transfer my stuff from one room to another. But I am finally all cozy!Jonathan also built us this shelf and put it up for us to decorate. It's pretty cute!!

This is my schedule for the next semester:

Monday, Wednesday and Friday: Acts at 11:00 AM
Tuesday and Thursday: Film and Digital Photography at 8:30 AM, Cross-Cultural Story Telling at 12:30 PM, Senior Project at 2:00

I quickly reminded myself today of why I hate Tuesday/Thursday classes so much!!! They are too long for my attention span, and unfortunately I have three of them! I thought class would never end. It was horrible.

I don't think any of my classes will be boring this semester though (except for maybe Acts). I am excited about learning how to take better pictures. I have always enjoyed photography. The only sad part is that I have to wake up so early for an elective.

Cross-Cultural Story-telling does sound lame, doesn't it? However, it is not! I am super excited. It is basically a class all on how to share your faith stories and stories from the Bible to oral cultures and be interesting in doing it. I am going to love it! There are so many cultures that are oral. And, they take great pride in telling stories to one another. It would be a great thing to learn how to do! I know the IMB is really big on that!!!

Senior Project will be fun but also annoying. It is the second part to my senior paper. Bascially, we are split up into groups of four people each and we take an elected senior paper. We read up on the particular people group and then develop a strategy for reaching them for Christ and planting growing churches among them. Then we present it at the end of the semester to the Missions Department at our school. I just hate group projects. And, this is a never-ending group project! I just hope I get a good group!

It is looking like it will be a semester of some good classes! Our house feels a little empty without Ashley and MEredith though!

We are still all taking a night a week to cook for one another. I made corn bread for the first time tonight and was excited that it turned out well!

I was hoping for snow this morning but there was not any on the ground! I guess you don't get much when you live in Georgia, huh?

Oh...and on a different note I did have my birthday and I got a lot of good things! My parents were so generous and gave me a Garmin Nuvi GPS system. Something I am really excited about. IT's cute, red, and matches my car perfectly. I am horrible with directions so I am glad I have something to get me around. My sister got me a trip to the spa!!! It was so nice. She shouldn't have spent that money! But, I am looking forward to a day of hanging out and getting a massage! Jonathan wrote me a song, made me a book of our first correspondences when we met (they are HILARIOUS!) and took me out to eat and to a movie!

I didn't deserve any of it! I loved it all!!!

Here is a pictures of the day:



I went ahead and took some pictures of my room, they aren't too impressive. I figure a room is a room. You would just have to see where I have lived for the past three years to know how awesome it really is! Perhaps taking this photography class will teach me how to capture the "true essence" of the room or take pictures that show the "maximum beauty" of it! Lol. We'll see!






1 comment:

Portuguese Man O' War said...

I'll give you credit...it looks much more organized than when I left it! Also, beware of using the word "cute" and something manly that I made in the same paragraph!