What Can be Shown, Cannot be Said

Monday, January 26, 2009

Thus Far...

So, it's been a week since I moved into school and things are falling into place quite nicely! I have gotten settled in and pretty used to things.

The first week was kind of sad. Everyone in my house is busy, busy , busy this semester. Jonathan has three jobs. I hang out a lot by myself in the house. But, I have been doing my homework without any distractions. That has been about the only plus side. Our house constantly stays at about 62 degrees inside because they won't let us adjust our own heat. I have been walking around freezing to death.

My new room mate is amazing. I really couldn't have asked for a better one. I figured it would be really hard to have someone adjust to me for only one semester. I knew she was sad about her room mate leaving. I was sad about Meredith leaving. I mean, after getting used to the same person for so long it is really weird to be without them. But, Heather is really easy going. She doesn't even mind my noise maker. Which is nice. We have already gotten to talk to each other about all sorts of things. She is pretty open and I am too if you are that way towards me first. So, we have had some pretty good discussions.

We are still on the system where everyone cooks for each other. We had a new girl move in, so she decided to get on board. Since there are only five of us we only get to rotate for a week off every five weeks. But, it is nice to still have that going!

I have begun working out again at the YMCA and I even started using my Bender Ball! It is a hard workout too! MAN! But, hopefully with all of that combined I will lose my desired weight!

This past weekend I went to Buford and hung out with Sara. We went to the spa and got our massages. It was really nice! I definitely enjoyed it and wished it would never end! lol. It was a really good present!!! Afterwards Jonathan came over and we all played Guitar Hero. It was pretty fun! I enjoyed seeing them!

Our senior project has been decided and it looks like I will be researching and doing my presentation on Japan. It will be exciting to learn about a new place!

There isn't too much more to share really! I am still waiting on word from LTCF to say they got MJ's Christmas present! I hope it gets there soon!!!

Oh, I went to Wal-Mart last night and decided to look at the fish. They have the CUTEST looking goldfish I have ever seen. I honestly wanted to get one and put him in the tank with Bartleby. I was a little nervous though that he wouldn't like the new fish and kill it though. I am seriously contemplating buying him next week though when I go back. He was ADORABLE!!! What do you think? lol

4 comments:

allcedars said...

Bartleby is a beast, Jess! He will kill any cute fish.

Keep me posted if you discover any yummy recipes this semester. :)

I love you!

allcedars said...

oh and dasvidanya! :)

(goodbye in russian)

Grace said...

I agree with Meredith! Bartleby is psycho. You might want to rethink that. ;)

I've had a sad week too...want to meet in the middle somewhere and eat a big vat of cookie dough together?

Portuguese Man O' War said...

Buy the fish! That's what I say.