What Can be Shown, Cannot be Said

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Will The Best Be Painful?

I am finally starting to feel better today! My throat is hurting a good bit and I have a headache. But, I have to say that is much better than last week and even yesterday! I have a voice lesson today that will most likely turn out to be pretty pointless because I haven't been able to sing for almost two weeks now!

TWo things that have come across my path lately and touched my heart is a quote from CS Lewis and a song from Natalie Grant.


"We are not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." -CS Lewis

Some might find that quote depressing. But, I am realizing more and more lately that sometimes the best that God has for us can turn out to take us down a painful trail. That is mostly because God is making us more in His image. And, thankfully the pain can also turn out to be worth it in the end when we see that the best is really good!!! Nichole Nordeman has a line in one of her songs that says,"Oh the differences that often are between everything we want and what we really need". So true. There is such a difference in what we want and what we really need in life. And, I really am thankful that God wants to give us HIs best. And, it is always worth the pain once we recieve His best.

I heard NAtalie Grant's new song the other day and I really liked it! I can definitely relate! It is pretty fitting!


It's hard to stand
On shifting sand
It's hard to shine
In the shadows of the night
You can't be free
If you don't reach for help
And you can't love
If you don't love yourself
But there is hope when my faith runs out...
Cuz I'm in better hands now


It's like the sun is shining
When the rain is pourin' down
It's like my soul is flying
Though my feet are on the ground
So take this heart of mine
There's no doubt
I'm in better hands now

I am strong
All because of you
I stand in awe of
Every mountain that you move
I am changed
Yesterday is gone
I am safe
From this moment on...
And there's no fear when the night comes 'round
I'm in better hands now



It's like the sun is shining
When the rain is pourin' down
It's like my soul is flying
Though my feet are on the ground
It's like the world is silent
Though I know it isn't true
It's like the breath of Jesus
Is right here in this room
So take this heart of mine
There's no doubt

You can't be saved
If you're not reaching out for help


I am shocked lately with the amount of people who have no clue who they are. They don't know their own weaknesses. They don't have a proper view of themselves. They are decieved about who they are. I think people are in need of a little self discovery.

I watched a really good movie last week while I was sick. It is called "Pay It Forward". It is so good! It is about a little boy who does a history assigment. HIs assignment is to change the world. And so that is what he sets out to do. In doing this he comes up with a system to change the world. He gives someone a gift, or does something for someone. But, not something that is easy for him to do. And, he does this for three people. When he does this for them they are told to "pay it forward" to three other people. So it starts a chain of doing good and changning the world. It is really good! And, it starts a phenomenon. One of my favorite quotes from the movie is this:

Some people are too scared or something to think things can be different. The worlds not exactly...crap. I guess it's hard for some people who are so used to things the way they are - even if they are bad - to change and they kinda give up and when they do, everybody loses.

I thought it was sad in that movie. Because, it is so true. Even if things are really bad some people just won't change them. Because they are too scaced to or just don't want to. So many people aren't willing to do what it takes to change the things in their lives they need to. And it ends up affecting those around them. When they don't "everybody loses". It was a really good movie!!!

Anyways...I have to go to my lesson soon. My recital is in THREE WEEKS! I did talk them into letting me sing a Nichole Nordeman song though! Something I am more comfortable with. Maybe this recital will be better than the last??? I hope so!

1 comment:

Portuguese Man O' War said...

I'm glad you're finally feeling better! I think you'll be the first person ever to sing a contemporary song like that for a recital. Way to break the mold.