What Can be Shown, Cannot be Said

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I Must Befriend The Rain...

I wish this week would go by quicker. It seems that with each new week I just get more and more exhausted!!!

Spring Break is just around the corner and me, Sam, and Amber are headed to her Grandmother's house in Florida! I think we are planning a day at Islands of Adventure (because Amber nixed Sea World). haha. We are also going to get to enjoy the beach. I MISS the beach!!! I can't wait! I also can't wait for the end of Spring Break. Because my family is going to MIssissippi for Easter. I don't think we have gotten to do that in about five years or so! It seems like it has been forever. We normally only make it to MS about once a year! It will be so good to have a longer time there this year. It sso funny that I still haven't outgrown easter egg hunts.

I have been busy lately with tests and homework. Also, I have to practice for my recital. Up until about two days ago I still couldn't sing (because of the flu). But, now that I can I have been practicing like a mad woman. My recital is next Friday. I actually get to sing a song that I enjoy this time though. If I could get the rythym down everything would be good!

I recieved an email from my aunt. She apparently gets the news letters from the missionaries I will be working with this summer in the Philippines. THat was nice. BEcause, there is also a semester missionary that has a blog that I can go visit. IT is interesting to hear her stories and see what she, as an american, is having a hard time adjusting to! I enjoyed reading it! But, realized that there will be many things to adjust to. She said the men there love her because she has pale skin and light hair. She said all it takes for the cat calls is for you to be american and have these features. I was like,"Oh brother, I need to get a tan!" haha. She said guys will follow her around and she hates talking to them because you can tell that they are hitting on you (even if it isn't in the same language that you speak). I have to say I am not excited about that aspect of things. IT is good to have a heads up though!

Yesterday it was pouring down rain here. And, it made me realize how much I hate the rain. But, then I realized: This is my summer. The Philippines is HOT. I mean, agonizingly hot. And, it rains (torential rain) there a lot. I think I am going in monsoon season too! So, I realized I am going to have to learn to befriend the rain!!!

I want to recommend to anyone out there who likes movies to go see Vantage Point. It was really awesome :)

Today is Molly's birthday. My parents are coming down here this weekend so I can celebrate with Molly! I am sad I have to miss it! But, I am glad I get to see them this weekend! Even if it isn't because I get to go home!

Also, I haven't given you guys pictures in a while so I wanted to include some from the past couple weeks!




1 comment:

Portuguese Man O' War said...

I don't like the news about the guys in the Philippines!