What Can be Shown, Cannot be Said

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Spring Break...

It's Spring Break!!! Thank goodness. I have needed a break from the monotony of school and my everyday schedule. This has been the most boring semester for me academically and I am finding more and more I just want to be graduated already!

For Spring break I am doing my two favorite things in the world: spending time with friends and family doing some fun things! The first part of this week (till Wednesday) I am down in Satellite Beach, FL with my room mate Amber Lyons and my RA Samantha Morrow. Sam's grandparents own a house down here. So, we are just hanging out here eating homecooking, soaking up the sun by going to the beach, and relaxing. I LOVE the beach. I wouldn't mind living at the beach. I never get sick of it.

It is prefect outside here! The temperature is in the high 70's which makes being outside all day bareable and makes it feel like spring time! The water is FREEZING though.

We drove all night to get here and arrived at 7:30 in the morning! We were supposed to get here at 4 but had a couple setbacks. We hit traffic that got us behind for 2 hours. Also, once we got to Jacksonville, FL we had some car trouble. We were passing over a bridge and noticed this hunk of metal in the road (we still don't know what exactly it was. IT looked a bit like a car jack or a fuel tank or something). Anyways...we were driving along at 80 mph when Sam noticed it coming up. She was about to hit it and so she was seeing if she could get over into the other lane real fast. However, at that moment an 18 wheeler was passing by so we couldn't do it! We ended up hitting it head on. It made a horrible noise and we immediately pulled off to the side of the road. Had it not been 5:00 in the morning I would have thought of taking a picture of Jacksonville because it is a BEAUTIFUL city at 5 in the morning!!! We checked everything out and realized the only thing with damage was the muffler. So, we drove the rest of the way with the car sounding like a motorcycle. haha. IT was horrible. The car is really loud now. Hopefully Sam will be able to get it covered under her insurance.

When we got here we went to bed around 8:00 and slept till about 12:30. We ate lunch, got ready and then went to the beach. We got to go to the beach on the military base since her grandad is in the air force. IT is supposedly better than the other beaches around here. Me and Sam built a crab sand castle. We took lots of pictures. It was nice! After that we came back to the house. Her grandmother had made us a homecooked meal of chicken, macaroni and cheese, squash, broccoli and cheese, rice, green beans, sweet potatos and stuff. It was so amazing. Also, her grandad took the time while we were out to make sure the hot tub was all ready for us when we got back. So, after dinner we got to just relax in it for a long time. They also have a Super Target here that we got to shop at after all of that was over with. Now we are relaxing and watching tv.

Tomorrow we are going to her grandparents condo in Cocoa Beach, FL. We will spend the whole day there. Monday we are headed to Orlando to go to Islands of Adventure!!! I couldn't be more excited. I LOVE the beach. I sure have missed it! I am hoping to get somewhat of a tan! Lol.

The last part of the week I am going with my family to Mississippi for Easter. We haven't spent Easter with my family in Mississippi in a LONG time!

This is a good spring break! It is definitely a good change from the normal!

No comments: