What Can be Shown, Cannot be Said

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Lately....

I made it throught the semester! I haven't gotten all my grades back yet, but I only have three classes to go and so far I have all A's. Let's hope I keep it that way. I sure did work hard enough to make all A's. This past week was pretty hectic. This whole semester has been hectic for me. I have no idea what to do now tht I am home and I actually don't have to go anywhere or do anything. It's the first time in four months I haven't had a long list of activities and assignments to fill up all of my free time.

I did get to enjoy myself last week though. I went to a couple Christmas parties and hung out with the girls in my trailer. That was fun! Thursday me and Jonathan celebrated Christmas by going to The Biltmore Estate in Asheville, North Carolina. It is about 2 1/2 hours from where we are in Toccoa. But, it was worth the drive. It was all decorated for Christmas time! It was BEAUTIFUL!!! I was amazed at how big the house was and that a bachelor built it for himself. IT was crazy. I enjoyed it though! We exchanged gifts and stuff. It was a good trip. None of my pictures really turned out though because it was so dark outside. I would really like to see it in the daytime when I can actually see the garden and everything! Maybe someday! I still really loved it!

I got home on Friday around 3:00 pm. On Saturday everyone got in: BEn, Sara and Andrew. Me and Ben spent half of the day at the grocery store. I came home and cooked some things for a christmas present I was giving to some friends. And then that night we all ate dinner together. WE also went to the churches cantata. My dad was in the music performance. After that we came back home and had our family christmas. It was good to all be together and get to open gifts and stuff! I enjoyed it! Sara and Andrew left last night.

Today we went to church and went out to eat at Acropolis. Ben is leaving in a little while to go back.

It is sad for everyone to leave. We didn't get to spend a lot of time together. It was really good to all be together again. But, luckily, in a couple days we will all be together agian and I will even get to meet my new cousin, Cooper and see some family I haven't seen in a really long time.

I am looking forward to it!

1 comment:

Portuguese Man O' War said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the Biltmore House! I'm still surprised that you were interested in the history as much as you were. Just remember, if you're ever in a job where you're supposed to answer questions about a room, make sure you know what you're talking about!