What Can be Shown, Cannot be Said

Monday, November 19, 2007

I Like Blue Men....



So, this past week was super slow. This week I only have two days of school. I am headed home tomorrow and I am really excited about it! I am ready to see my family!

I am leaving tomorrow around 3:00 pm. That is in less than 24 hours! lol.

This weekend was kind of crazy. Me, Meredith and Stephanie headed down to Athens to the UGA library to do some research. We have to travel an hour away simply because our library here doesn't quite cut it!

We drove down there. And there was a Georgia vs. Kentucky game that was going on. So, we couldn't find a good place to park. We ended up parking all the way up at the University chruch and walking down to the campus. We really didn't know where we were going. So, we had to stop people. After 20 minutes we finally foudn the library and upon going in found out we had an hour before the library closed. So, we rushed trying to get articles and books and then we made the crazy trek back up to the car. The game happened to be getting out at the same time as we left the library. So, we were in the middle of this mob of people in red and black. Half of them were drunk or smelled like beer. Finally we made it to the car and tried to get out of athens. Only, the whole city was set up with orange cones making it impossible to turn left ANYWHERE in the city. So, we ended up getting lost and going really far out of our way to get to Commerce. We got lost again in the city of Commerce and finally found Chik-Fil-A. We had gotten free coupons to eat there because Truett Cathy came and spoke in our chapel on Friday morning. It was pretty good. Just a crazy trip.

Yesterday was my last day at the PAC church. They had a combination service with the Cambodian church. So, everything in the service had to be translated into cambodian. It was fun. A little girl from last week came up and asked if I was teaching them again. when I said no she was like,"Oh Man"! I love kids. It was so cute. She didn't realize that I did a horrible job teaChing them I guess. lol. She had cut her own bangs the week before so her mom had to fix them and they were SUPER short. It reminded me of when I was little. haha.

Yesterday afternoon I gave Jonathan his early christmas present. I sort of had to considering the concert was this early. So, I made a christmas cd and made him listen to it all day. We watched Elf and A Charley Brown Christmas. Then we went to eat at Kani House (Japanese Steak House). It was pretty good. After that I blind folded him so he wouldn't know where we were going and I took him to The Blue Man Group concert. It was really awesome! I loved it! They had this little Korean guy open up for them. I can't even explain what he did. But, it was pretty awesome!

My classes for today are almost over. THANK GOODNESS! I can hardly stand it! I just really want to go home!!! lol

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Those blue men are really creepy lookin'!

Portuguese Man O' War said...

Such an ambiguous explanation of Mike Relm. For all anyone knows, he could be a 5 year old Asian boy doing magic tricks. haha. Thanks again for doing all that for me!