What Can be Shown, Cannot be Said

Friday, July 23, 2010

I've been Mis Bear Haven

What city has cheesy house names, TONS of bear paraphernalia, pancake houses on every corner, christmas stores EVERYWHERE, random carnival rides, and country songs playing 24-7? GATLINGBURG, TN, of course! And that is exactly where I went on vacation with my family at the beginning of this week.

Among some of my favorite cheesy cabin names (that of course all had to include the word "bear" in them or they couldn't be in Gatlinburg) were:

1. Bear Bottoms
2. Autumn Bearadise
3. Mis Bear Haven
4. Bearly Wet
5. Bearly Cozy

Who wants to stay at Bearly cozy??? haha. OR bear bottoms? Our cabin happened to have a less cheesy name. It was simply "A Home Away". But it was on Waverly Way. So it did ryhmn with the street name. I have a feeling in order to own a cabin in that area you have to have a cheesy sense of humor or a way of making a pun on words with the word bear.

We had a really fun week going to Circe De Chine. This was a chinese acrobatic circus type thing. It was super hard to explain and incredibly hilarious. However, the people were SUPER talented and it was really impressive to watch.

We also went to Dollywood, the Comedy Barn, tubing, shopping, etc...It was a lot of fun!

At Dollywood I got in trouble by the lady who drives the shuttle for jumping the fence to get onto the shuttle. Those drivers were hardcore and took their job a little too seriously. If you are wanting to control some things and feel like you have some authority forget being a police officer. Instead, be a shuttle driver at Dollywood! I also got witnessed to on the shuttle on the way to the park. It was a very interesting time. We also met some very interesting waiters/waitresses. haha. It was just a hilarious time and a hilarious city!!! haha.

We also went letterboxing. If you don't know what that is...perhaps I will write a blog later. For now google it.

Luckily, there was a perfect window of time in between quitting Chick Fil A and starting at Wake Forest Eye Care. I was really really glad to be able to spend time with my family. I was really missing them. It was super hard to leave knowing that I won't see them again until November. But I was grateful for the time I did have!

I can't get blogger to upload pictures. But, I have them up on facebook!

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Quite the trouble maker you were at Dollywood! It's "Beary Cozy", by the way, you goof! How embearassing to get it wrong.