What Can be Shown, Cannot be Said

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The First Snow...

So, I haven't updated too much over the past week and a half. I have had a lot going on. It seems no matter how many hours I am taking per semester my life is always crammed full of things. It makes it hard to really stay in contact with people like I should and like I want to!

A week ago me and Jonathan had a double date with my sister and AnDrew. It was fun. We went to Intermezzo near Perimeter mall. It was about a 30 minute drive from there house. But, it was really good! It's this cute little european style restaurant. It is made to look like a quaint courtyard cafe' in Europe. It is inside though. It was adorable. We just went for dessert because it's kind of expensive. Here are some pictures that show just how big a glass of hot chocolate was and how big a piece of cheesecake was:






Too bad they don't have one in Chattanooga. I think my parents would like their desserts! We also played guitar hero at their apartment. They just got the microphone so someone can sing along while two people play the guitars. It was really funny!

I have working really hard on my senior project lately. It is taking a lot of my time. My photography class is also taking a lot of my time. I think altogether I probably devote about 10 hours to those two things every five days. It is ridiculous.

This past weekend was frustrating. I was in Buford with Jonathan. The weather man kept saying it was going to snow. I was thinking,"NO WAY!" They had been predicting snow for the past five sundays. So, I figured I would believe it when I saw it! Sure enough, as we came out of church is began to snow really hard. It was BEAUTIFUL! Within an hour there was about half an inch on the ground. We decided we should probably leave so we could drive back to school in safe conditions. We figured we would just play/enjoy the snow once we got back to Toccoa. It was VERY snowy until we reached Gainesville and all the sudden the snow stopped. I was so grumpy the rest of the nighT! I wanted snow so bad. There was snow ALL around Toccoa within like a fifteen mile radius but sure enough it never quite made it to us! I was so sad! I wanted to play in the snow! I griped about how we should've never left Buford becuase it NEVER snows and I wouldn't see snow the rest of the winter. IT was my one chance! I was really upset that we could've just stayed there and enjoyed FIVE inches of snow (yeah, they got five inches). There was literally NO snow here. Just rain. haha. My room mate was sad too!

Because my room mate was sad about the snow her dad decided to drive an hour and give her snow. It was so cute. He filled the bed of his truck with snow and hauled it to Toccoa. He dumped it in our front yard and me and my room mate, Heather made a snowman out of it! haha. So, in our not-so-snowy front yard we now have a cute little snowman who we lovingly named Willow. Here are some pictures of our cute little snowman:






Of course it didn't QUITE make me feel better about us not getting any snow, but it came pretty close! It was fun! Everyone walking by looked at us really weird for having a random patch of snow in our yard. But, we had fun making it! There is also included up there a picture of the conditions as we were driving back to school. ha!

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

haha, that's funny. That snowman in Toccoa will throw people for a loop.

Carlye Jean Rankin said...

Oh my goodness. That is awesome. I loved your snowman! It is beautiful. I miss you so much!