What Can be Shown, Cannot be Said

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

God is most glorified in us, when we are most satisfied in Him"

This past weekend I got to go home for the first time all semester. I have been super busy so it's been hard to find free time. It was Molly's birthday on Thursday so we celebrated it with opening presents and eating cake. My mom made tons of yummy food (I miss her cooking). It was nice to see almost all of my family there at the same time!

Unfortunately I was getting sick. Today was the worst it's been yet. I am not sure what it is. I will just call it "death" because it feel HORRIBLE. It's also lasted WAY too long!

I couldn't even rest today because I had a speech to make (which is real good when you feel like I did). I also had to develop two rolls of film.

On the way back to school I got to asking myself many questions. The sky was really beautiful and as I looked up at the clouds for some reason the world just seemed HUGE. Sometimes I get so busy I forget to stop and just look around me. If I did that more often I think I would be amazed by God more often. The world is so big and spacious. When I look at the sky or mountains or the trees and really take the time to notice them, it somehow puts things into perspective for me. I am so small. I am such a tiny part of this earth that God made. ANd God put me here to bring Him glory.

I asked myself the question: Do I really bring God glory? I mean, when you really step back and realize that it's all about HIM and not about you it's pretty scary. Because how much do we do only for ourselves? When that isn't even the purpose of our lives. I examined myself on this. I can't say that I do a good job of pointing to Christ no matter what I'm doing. I want people to look at my life and then look straight to Him because of it. I want him to be worshipped and glorified because of the way I live my life. And, when you put everything back into perspective and realize your sole purpose is to please Him and bring Him fame throughout the earth you realize how big of a failure you are in what you came to do!

I just want my life to count for HIM, not just for myself.

Today has been BEAUTIFUL! I took the opportunity to lay in the hammock we put up in our yard. THe girls in my house also had a picnic together for dinner tonight. It was fun! I love this weather! I hope it doesn't turn cold again. That would make me sad. Especially since I took all of my winter clothes home!!!

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

It's supposed to get colder towards the end of the week, but I think you might make it home just in time! I hope your "death" goes away soon!

allcedars said...

those are some good questions

beautiful days always make people make good questions, don't you think???