What Can be Shown, Cannot be Said

Monday, September 22, 2008

Don't Mis-LES MIS

This past weekend went by way too fast for me! I am realizing my life is getting more and more hectic. I have way too much to do. And, if I want "downtime" something normally has to go out the window. Whether it be sleep, eating, exercise, homework, time with friends, etc... It is really annoying trying to balance college in some ways!

This past week was a week of mourning in a lot of ways. I was sore from the wreck and was upset about my car and everything that was happening. So, I spent most of the week really sad, sick and crying. haha. But, luckily, sometimes God just takes us through sad times to show us the light again. And, I think I am realizing more and more of His goodness. I am learning from this situation even though it hurts. This week is going lot better. However, I feel like I have ADHD or something. I had no attention span in class today. (I am kidding about having ADHD, I do not have that! I was just having trouble paying attention today because I really didn't want to be going to my classes).

Luckily, I had a good weekend. Friday night I got some much needed time with Meredith. We hadn't really spent time with each other in a while. So, we went out to eat at the Greek Restaurant in town and then we watched a movie and ate some cookies! Lol.

I got to experience the Jockey Lot in Anderson, SC wih Jonathan, Matt and Alayna. We had a good time. It is like a red neck China Town if you ask me. They have knock off purses and just random things. They also have puppies and fruit and things. But, they have carnival type food. I got to eat a funnel cake! YUM! They tried to get me to eat boiled peanuts but I just couldn't get into those! They were nasty! I fell in love with a couple of puppies. But, of course I don't have the money to buy a puppy! Lol.

Saturday afternoon we went to Jonathan's grandfather's birthday! Lol. He was turning 83. So, it was "hoppin". haha. It really was fun though to meet his extended family and see his adorable little cousins! I like his family!

Yesterday I got the priviledge of FINALLY getting to see Les Miserables at the Fox Theatre. I bought the 25 dollar tickets. Thankfully since the show had already been playing for half a month and it was a sunday night, the crowd was slim! So, we got to go all the way down to the 60 dollar seats! It was well worth the money! It was AMAZING! I have been waiting like 5 years to see it! I almost cried on the last number!!! The music is so great!!! I absolutely loved it! It was a good end to the weekend. But, the weekend felt way too short for me! I am ready for another one. ANd, I am definitely ready to graduate! Lol. Soon enough, I guess!

Here are some pictures from the weekend:


















It strange how quickly life can feel different. I remember eventually while I was in the Philippines feeling like my life back in the states never really existed. Now that I am back I sometimes feel like my life in the Philippines never really happened. And, being without my car for just a week or so has made me feel like I never even had a mini cooper. How quickly life can change. It is so strange...

2 comments:

Portuguese Man O' War said...

So, like your mini, if you didn't see me for a week would you feel like I never existed?! :P

I'm glad things are brightening up!

BHorton said...

AN appropriate thing to go see after your week, a play called "Les Miserables"

Things are not usually as miserable as we think

Dad