What Can be Shown, Cannot be Said

Thursday, April 2, 2009

My Busy Life...

This has been a pretty big week for me! I think the past two weeks have and will be the busiest weeks of the semester. I am very glad they are now behind me! It's about time! I have been too busy to even keep in mind what I needed to do next.I have had sticky notes all over my wall above my computer. Now I know how people feel when they write a to-do list and spend an entire day without even get one of the things fully accomplished! It's been exhausting. Too bad spring break isn't this week! That'd be nice! It is spring break for my room mate. So I will be all alone in our room next week, which isn't my favorite thing!

Graduation is in five weeks and I still won't let myself completely think about it. It's just too weird. I honestly can't believe I am done with college. I never thought I'd say this but I am honestly going to miss this place.

This past Monday I had my senior orals. That is pretty much where they ask you questions about all your classes at Toccoa. They also ask you about all the major doctrines. You have to give a statement about what you believe on each topic and then take them to multiple verses that back up each idea. I also had to give my testimony and my call to missions. It lasted three hours. I was SUPER nervous. But, overall it went well. I passed them. I got my letter in the mail today saying I had passed them.

My big senior project was due today! So, I have had a group meeting everyday this week for at least two hours each time. We presented it today. Now all we have to do is adjust the presentation based on the feedback we got and then present the final presentation. A lot of work has gone into this. I am looking forward to it being over!

I also finally got my acceptance to Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. That is pretty exciting too! I am going to look at the campus this weekend. My friend Cameron (from this summer in the Philippines) lives close to the campus so I am going to be able to see her. I am staying with her! I can't wait! It should be really fun! I am going to have to make a decision about all of this real soon!

In the next month before school ends I have a lot to do. My former house mate is getting married in Hilton Head. So, my house is traveling up there to see the wedding. I also have a slumber party with all of the girl Mission majors. There is also Junior/Senior.

I have really been missing the Philippines lately and part of me is disappointed I didn't decide to go back this upcoming summer! Its just so expensive. I can't ask the same people for money every summer, you know? I guess I will have to settle with keeping in contact with the people there the best I can!

I hope you are all doing well!

2 comments:

Carlye Jean Rankin said...

Hey there girlie! I am so proud of you! Congrats on passing your orals! When I see you I am taking you out for food! I miss you so much! I can't wait to see you at the end of the month! love you!

allcedars said...

Congratulations on passing your orals! I KNEW you'd be fine!

I can't believe we're graduating too. I can't believe it's almost all over. Crazy to think about!!!