What Can be Shown, Cannot be Said

Monday, April 27, 2009

Hilton Head

Life is always busy. I hear it doesn't get any better from here on out. I have three weeks till graduation. This is my last full week of classes. Such a weird feeling. Moving on has never been a strong thing for me.

This past weekend my friend Ashley Spaulding got married. It is such a strange thing when all your friends start getting married. I honestly don't feel old enough to get married or to have friends of mine getting married.

Her wedding was in Hilton Head. Since Hotels are so expensive and none of my friends were going up a night early, I just decided to make a day trip out of it. It takes five hours to get there. So we left at 7:00 on Saturday morning and got there around 12:00 PM. We ate at Chik-Fil-A and then we got to the church by 1:30 (thirty minutes before the wedding started).

The wedding was really beautiful. It was one of the sweetest weddings I have been to. I really enjoyed it. Ashley looked beautiful! The reception was at a plantation nearby. It was on the bay. The location was really pretty with tons of palm trees and spanish moss trees. It was 80 degrees that afternoon so it was burning up!

The reception was over around 6:00 and me and Jonathan headed over to Hilton Head for a walk on the beach. I couldn't go all that way and be so close to the beach without actually enjoying it! So, we took a walk on the beach and I got to take some picture for my photography class. We ate dinner at a pizza place downtown. It was really good.

The ride home was excruciating. I was exhausted. And about one hour into it I just wanted to be back SO BADLY I couldn't stand it. We got back at 2:00 AM. It was a good but exhausting trip! I love South Carolina beaches!

This week is pretty busy. It seems like every class is trying to wrap up assignments.

Here are some pictures from the weekend:










2 comments:

Jonathan said...

You should've gotten one with the bird flying away! ;)

It was exhausting but definitely a good trip!

Carlye Jean Rankin said...

Did we not get a picture together? If not that makes me so sad. it was great seeing you. i miss you!