What Can be Shown, Cannot be Said

Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day

This Valentine's Day was a really good one for me. I hope it was for everyone else as well. It was nice to finally have it on a weekend. That hasn't happened in a long time.

This past week on Wednesday Jonathan spelled out "I love you" on my lawn with bricks that were piled up by our house.

On Saturday he gave me three peach colored roses. They were really pretty. We went to a cute little park named Little Mulberry Park to open presents. I gave him a shirt and some shoes and candy. He made me turn around so I wasn't looking to give me my present. When I turned around to see what it was he had hung a heart-shaped pinata in a tree nearby. Luckily, he didn't blind fold me, he just let me wack at it with a hiking stick. Which was really dangerous for him, by the way, because it was like six feet long. He should've known better after hearing the story of me knocking out Ben's cheek growing up. lol. All of my presents were inside of the pinata. I got a poem, some candy, a little stuffed bear and heart, a pen, and some more random items (nothing breakable though).

After that he took me out to eat at Buckaboo Steakhouse. We went around 4:30 so we could beat the crowd. It was REALLY good! After that we went to see the Gladiators hockey game. Because of Valentine's day the ice was colored pink and they had hearts where the puck was supposed to be dropped. It was fun! I had a good time. We also tried to get desert ravioli at Macaroni Grill afterwards, but because of the salmanila scare they weren't selling it at the time. IT was disappointing but, oh well! It was a good day.

I also got some nice cards from my family and some beautiful roses from my daddy. IT was a really good valentine's day.

Here are some pictures from the day:















At this point in the semester, I am really missing Meredith. I have a wonderful room mate, and the fact that I miss meredith has nothing to do with her. I just do! I told Jonathan the other day that I need some girls in my life. He just doesn't cut it. I could coach him on how to be more like a girl. But, why would I want to do that? lol. ;) My room mate is not home during the day, the girls in my house are always gone and most of my close girlfriends have already graduated. But, I have been trying to do things with the girls that are still here that I know. Everyone is just really busy!

Doing my devotions last week, I read Psalm 63. I don't know if you have ever read something that was EXACTLY what you needed for that moment. But, this was for me. I can't really say it in words. But, I will just put it up here and maybe it will speak to you as well! I wish that I would earnestly seek God and that my soul would constantly yearn for Him!!!

1O God, You are my God; I shall seek You earnestly;
My soul thirsts for You, my flesh yearns for You,
In a dry and weary land where there is no water.
2Thus I have seen You in the sanctuary,
To see Your power and Your glory.
3Because Your lovingkindness is better than life,
My lips will praise You.
4So I will bless You as long as I live;
I will lift up my hands in Your name.
5My soul is satisfied as with marrow and fatness,
And my mouth offers praises with joyful lips.
6When I remember You on my bed,
I meditate on You in the night watches,
7For You have been my help,
And in the shadow of Your wings I sing for joy.
8My soul clings to You;
Your right hand upholds me.
9But those who seek my life to destroy it,
Will go into the depths of the earth.
10They will be delivered over to the power of the sword;
They will be a prey for foxes.
11But the king will rejoice in God;
Everyone who swears by Him will glory,
For the mouths of those who speak lies will be stopped

2 comments:

Portuguese Man O' War said...

It was a GREAT day! And yeah, please don't coach me about how to be a girl!

allcedars said...

Cute pictures! Jonathan is pretty creative when it comes to romantic stuff.

I miss you too! I wish you could come visit me!!!!!!!!!!

Love you!

-MereBear