What Can be Shown, Cannot be Said

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

CHRISTMAS!

The Real World. That is where I live my every day. The place where you realize you are a true grown up because you are going to go to work eight hours for five days out of the week. Where you realize you only get 12 days of vacation per year. The one where you only get a break every once in a while.

That is what it is to be grown up.

And so this Christmas was all the more wonderful to me because of this. Because starting a new job and working 40 hours a week can take a lot out of you. It was really nice to spend an entire week with my husband knowing I could see him all day if I wanted to. It was nice to finally see my family again. Because being eight hours away with a real job doesn't allow you to just go see them whenever you feel like it.

This Christmas break was much needed. It was wonderful. It will stick out in my mind for years to come because:

1. It was my first christmas being married and splitting the time between two families.

2. It was my first White Christmas.

3. I got snowed OUT of going back home and stayed in Atlanta an extra day. That's right, Raleigh got 8-10 inches of snow!

4. I appreciated the time with my family so much more than I have in years past because it is so precious to me since I don't really get to see them often.

5. I felt the Spirit near. I felt more focused on Christ and more grateful for all He has done. I am truly undeserving.

6. I met Jonathan's extended family that I have never met before.

Here are some Christmas pictures:





1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Definitely the best Christmas so far!