What Can be Shown, Cannot be Said

Friday, December 2, 2011

A Crazy Night

Tonight was a rough night. I was so relieved to get off of work because it was the start of the weekend. However, it quickly turned into CRAZINESS. Jonathan took me to a Hurricane's Hockey Game on Thursday night (which is usually our grocery night). So that meant grocery night was changed to Friday. It took us a while to get everything in Target. This time around we had to get him razors because he had run out (that's always a kick to the stomach because they cost about half of what we usually spend on our groceries anyways). They are crazy expensive. We get to the check out and the guy is new. So he is going slower than I've seen short of a lady I got once with a broken arm who was about 80 year old (it really did happen). This was (ironically) driving Jonathan nuts and wasn't even bothering me (it's usually the other way around). He finally got done bagging our groceries. But as we headed out the door the alarm in the store went off. Jonathan, being the honest and caring person he is, walked back through the alarms (they went off again). No one even looked up from what they were doing. We searched our cart because we had a feeling it was the razors. They put sensors on them nowadays because they are SO EXPENSIVE that I am sure a lot of dishonest people are tempted to steal those things. WE searched and searched out cart but couldn't find the culprit. We actually began to wonder if we had not picked up a bag from the checkout line. Finally we looked around and saw that no one cared that we were standing there. So, we decided if no one else cares about the beeping we will just proceed to our car. The second run through the alarm system suddenly brought over a policeman. Who stopped us and questioned us about what we had bought that evening. He decided to let us go on without looking through all of our merchandise. WE got to the car and Jonathan finally found the razors. He took it back in with the receipt to get them to take the sensor off because there's no way you can get those things off at home. After all of this it was about 7:00 and I decided I didn't feel like cooking dinner. Since Jonathan works at Pizza Hut we get a discount. So we decide to order a pizza. I was super excited about finally getting home, eating some pizza and watching The Santa Clause. lol.

Pizza Hut was REALLY busy and they told us it would be about a 30 minute wait. We live five miles from the store. So we decided to take our groceries home and come back out later. We unloaded all of our groceries and headed back to pick up our pizza. It was pretty crazy in the store and there was a HUGE line. But when we got up to the counter Jonathan realized he had forgotten his wallet at home. So, we had to get back in the car and go back home to get his wallet. When we got back to Pizza Hut the third time it was even crazier. When we finally talked to the person behind the counter they told us our order was 284 and they were already doing orders around 320. Apparently they had forgotten our order altogether. And we weren't the only ones they had forgotten. There was a long line of people who were getting really angry. The lady also stated they had run out of boxes and could not make us what we had ordered. So, I decided to just save them the trouble and let those who didn't work at Pizza Hut have their orders. I figured they would be more angry that Jonathan and I would since he works there and can kind of relate to teh craziness that sometimes goes on. After all of this it was nearing 9pm. I was STARVING because I hadn't eaten since 12:30pm. We just decided it would be best to go get something quick and just call it an evening. So we split a quesadilla and then got some frozen yogurt. ha.

What a night. In light of that bad night I decided to share three commercials that are on right now that I LOVE And make me smile. ha. ENJOY (although you might not get why I love them so much...that's ok). Also, you may have to copy and paste them to watch them because my link was not working when I put it into blogger:




In honor of that here are three new ADORABLE commercials that make me smile:


1. Pop Tart Commercial 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL-W3pXU84c



2. Hershey Commerical 2011


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpP51j74Iyg



3. Biltmore Commercial 2011


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etdzDxH6F6c

2 comments:

Carlye Jean Rankin said...

Crazy, crazy! We have had a crazy week too. What type of razors does he buy...maybe I can keep my eye out for an amazing deal for you to stock up. Nathan's razors are expensive too but I have been able to get him some for free.

Jonathan said...

A crazy night indeed! At least it was with you! You finally got to fulfill your Pizza Hut craving today. Happy? Better be! Because now I get to pick what we eat for a month!