What Can be Shown, Cannot be Said

Friday, November 25, 2011

It's been a while....

So, it has definitely been a while since I have written on this blog. There are several reasons like: 1. I am SO BUSY I don't really take the time to sit down and write. 2. I figure no one cares anyways. ha. 3. I have been feeling very uninspired lately. lol. But, I will give you a quick recap of the things that have been going on here for the last several months:

1. September. I spent a weekend with my friends from small group at one of their beach houses. Unfortunately, it decided to be hurricane type weather the ENTIRE weekend. So we drove four hours to have a movie/girl time at the beach. But I did enjoy my time with these wonderful friends of mine who have shined Jesus into my life in so many ways:



2. October. The first weekend in October I went back to Atlanta and spent some quality time with my sister and In-Laws. My sister was gracious enough to give me a ticket to the Taylor Swift concert. I'm nothing if not Taylor Swift's BIGGEST FAN. ha. It's true though. LOVE HER. Me and Sara realized quickly we were way above the average age of those in attendance. It's ok though. We loved it all the same. She is seriously talented. That weekend I also got to have a cookout with Jonathan's family and I got to see my twin nephews for only the second time since they were born. They are growing up so fast!!! Later in the month me and Jonathan carved pumpkins and went on the most difficult corn maze of my life. Good thing I have a very directionally savy husband or I would still be working my way through that maze. ha.




and




and



3. November. The month of november has been crazy busy thus far and has brought with it several things. First off, it has brought my friend, Christina Wingo's wedding. Which was a fun event. And it brought back my long lost friends who have decided to get married and move away from me. ha. Understandable. But I miss them all the same. So, the night of her wedding we all got together and had a girl sleepover complete with the usual nail painting, yogurt eating, and girly movie watching:



Next on the agenda for November was Thanksgiving. It was my first year not being home with my family. And I missed them TOO MUCH. I was pretty bummed about not seeing them. We did get to skype (which is the next best thing). I was very thankful though to get to spend Thanksgiving with a dear friend, Danae Morris. She just got accepted with the IMB to get a jouryneyman and she is moving to India for two years. About two weeks ago she dropped the bomb on me: Instead of leaving in April I am leaving in January. OUCH. I'm gonna miss her. I am so happy for her and yet so sad all at one time. And I am thankful I got to spend Thanksgiving with this dear friend of mine who is such an amazing amazing person:






Lastly, which catches you all up to date on my life...is Christmas decorating. Today me and Jonathan went and got our Christmas tree. We put up all of our Christmas decorations and wrapped presents. Then we ate some puppy chow, drank some hot chocolate, and watched Home Alone. Christmas is my MOST FAVORITE time of the year. And I am already feeling warm and fuzzy inside. ha. But I am learning more and more lately that it is the PEOPLE that make things special...not the things. I guess it takes maturing to realize it doesn't really matter what you have but WHO you have. And, I am very blessed with amazing friends, family , and even co-workers.



As I stood in line at midnight last night at Target with one of my friends, we were recounting the story that happened a couple of years ago at a Wal-Mart store on black Friday. When the doors opened, two people fell and got trampled on. No one stopped to help them or even cared. They were too focused on the 42 inch plasma screen they wanted for their living room. I watched people act horrible last night. And it dawned on me. In America we really do care more about things than we do even about human life. Things that will fade and won't mean a thing later. But, it also made me realize that it isn't about the things. It's really just about the people. And I have some awesome people in my life. And, they mean more to me than the next best thing that comes out on the market.

So, for Christmas, give me all my people. ha. That's what I want!

4 comments:

Carlye Jean Rankin said...

Love hearing an update from you! Glad to see things are going well for you and Jonathan! Miss you tons!

Letters from the Melon Patch! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jonathan said...

Well look who decided to wake up from a blogless snoozefest. Glad you're back! I've had fun with you these few months of no posting!

Grace said...

I was explaining Black Friday to a British friend the other day and we were talking about the same thing ... how humanity is so wrapped up in "things."

On another note ... "puppy chow"?

And on another note, I LOVE you. :)