What Can be Shown, Cannot be Said

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Chik Fil A is good to me!

What do you get when you combine 100 people + 36 hours of free food/games + sleeping in a tent in a restaurant parking lot? You get a Chik Fil A restaurant opening!

This past week I experienced something I never had before. When I moved into the apartments up here my two room mates kept talking about Chik Fil A openings. Natalie had been to one and she had a lot of fun. Ginny had never been and really wanted to go! I had never heard of it before. But apparently it is a pretty big deal.

Who knew, but apparently Chik Fil A has a big celebration every time they open a new restaurant. You can look on Chik Fil A's website and read more about it. But the gist of it is that they allow people to line up at their restaurant @ 6:00 AM, twenty-four hours before the grand opening of the store. They will then give each person there a raffle ticket. They draw for 100 people. The 100 people who get picked are allowed to camp out in the parking lot of the Chik Fil A for 24 hours until the stores grand opening. The 100 people picked get free food for those 24 hours. They also have games that are played to keep people entertained. We had a DJ come out and there was a dance party. There were also tons of other games.

Also, when the store opens at 6:00 AM the following morning, if you were hadn't dropped out or gotten disqualified you won 52 tickets for free combo meals at Chik Fil A.

There were a couple rules. The 100 who were picked HAD to stay in the chik fil a parking lot for those 24 hours. The premises were roped off and no one was allowed to leave. You were only allowed inside for short bathroom breaks. And, they had a couple of rules: no cussing, no smoking, no drinking, no crude humor, no voilence. If you didn't obey the rules you were disqualified and sent home.

It was really funny. It was like survivor meets Chik Fil A. It cracked me up. I had never heard of it before so I found it really amusing.

Of course, me, Ginny, Danae and Christina were there together and we decided to go the night before. We ended up getting there around midnight. Which was about 40 hours before the store even opened. There were policeman patroling the area so it was safe. However, I didn't get any sleep because we were in the car. The next day we all stood in line and luckily, all four of us got picked from the raffle. So we set up a tent in the Chik Fil A parking lot. ha. It was insane. There were 100 tents in the parking lot. It was such a weird environment. I met a lot of fun people though and it was just good to hang out and do something random. I had never done something like that before and I will probably never do it again. But it was a good experience and I got 52 free Chik Fil A meals out of it.

Chik Fil A has been pretty good to me lately. I won a free prize basket from them, then they hired me as an employee, and then I got 52 tickets. haha.

I did start work there on Friday. It is an easy job. It doesn't take much brain power. However, it is pretty exhausting. I am on my feet the whole time and I am constantly going back and forth and giving people their food. It's not going to be my favorite job but it will be good. I work with a lot of awesome people. And I am even more impressed with Chik FIl A now that I am an employee. Let me just tell all of you: Chik Fil A HAS to be the cleanest fast food chain that exists. And I even go in the kitchen. If I can say that AFTER having watched people prepare the food that means something! HA!

Anyways, classes are still going well. Just trying to learn Greek and understand it. I am enjoying school still. My friends are still awesome! Jonathan moved up here about a week and a half ago! So life is good!

No comments: